Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews 2018 – The Ultimate Invisible Dog Fence Buyers Guide: Having a pet is always fun and entertaining. After all, they serve to be your best companion and add color to your lives. But the level of excitement and fun exceeds all limits when you have a dog as your pet. They are in the true sense a man’s best friend. They are only the animals in this whole world who could sacrifice their life for you without asking anything in return. Yes, that’s the love of a dog for its owner or master or whatever you call it. Therefore, they deserve all the love and care in the world.
When you own a dog as your pet, it is your sole responsibility that you keep it happy and also in good condition. Apart from that, you also need to keep them fit and active and this is where training comes in. It is important that you train your dog right because it will help them stay safe and protected. Like for instance, if you reside in a crowded neighborhood, there are chances that your dog may run away and lose it’s way back home. This may lead your dog’s life in danger from several threats. In order to prevent these things from happening, you can get your dog an invisible wireless dog fence. It is one of the best devices that have been ever designed for dogs. Today, in this article we are going to literally cover everything related to the wireless dog fence. This will give a clear idea of what it is, how it functions, the best systems available and a lot more.
Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews 2018 – The Ultimate Invisible Dog Fence Buyers Guide
The Top 5 Invisible Wireless Dog Fence That You Need To Know About
- PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
- Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence
- Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless 2-Dog Containment System
- Friendly Pet Products Wireless Dog Fence
- PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
There are different types of wireless dog fences available in the market but it is obvious that you want the best one for your dog. Choosing the right containment system for your dog can be a tough task because you need to keep a lot of factors in mind while deciding on the product. Therefore, it is no less than a big responsibility. To help you out, we have listed the five best wireless dog fences that are the known to be the best that you can get. All the details regarding the products along with its pros and cons are listed below so, that you get an in-depth idea about the products. The information provided below about the products will let you know what to expect from the systems and how good or bad it is.
PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System [Check Price on Amazon]
This is one of the best wireless dog fences that you will come across in the market. The system provides you with a circular radius which covers up to half an acre of land for your dog. The best part is that the range of the boundary is adjustable and can be extended up to 90 feet in all the directions. Other than that it also has other great features such as the receiver collar is made waterproof so, that you can use it on your dog for all types of climates. The product also comes with 5 levels of correction system and a low battery indicator. This will help you know when to change the batteries. This is an ideal product for dogs less than 8 pounds and is also portable.
- It’s easy to use.
- The product comes with adjustable collars and is waterproof.
- The product has a wide and adjustable range.
- It is portable.
- With the help of this product, you will be able to train your dog in less than three days.
- The product is also easy to install.
- It comes with a clear training documentation.
- It cannot be used for all types of dog breeds.
- It cannot be used in the sloped
- The product doesn’t come with post-purchase and pre-purchase support information.
- Inconsistent boundaries.
- It doesn’t come with warnings in making a shock.
Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence [Check Price on Amazon]
This is not an entirely wireless system but it will definitely help you to train the stubborn dogs the best. With the help of this system, you can easily train your dog to stay within the set boundaries. The use of small shocks and vibrations are designed to alert the pet when they commit the mistake of crossing the boundary line. The nut at the same time these shock alerts are harmless to the pet so, you need not worry about it at all. The collars are designed to fit around your dog’s neck perfectly without causing your dog any discomfort. This system is designed with the latest technology and thus, comes with in-ground cords that are used to set a hidden perimeter. Also, the fence makes use of the latest radio wave technology. The receiver collar comes with 5 correction levels for your pet. The product can cover up to 5 acres of land. Other than that the product also has many other great features that make it totally worth your time and money.
- It is easy to use.
- It comes with adjustable collar and is waterproof.
- It has an adjustable and wide range.
- The product comes with an instruction manual.
- The product also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It is an effective training device.
- The product is also safe to use.
- It takes at least a week times to learn boundaries.
- The wire that comes with the product may be thin.
- The wire gauge is heavy.
- The wire is also very delicate.
Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless 2-Dog Containment System [Check Price on Amazon]
This is yet another great wireless dog containment system that you will get in the market. This product is mainly designed for owners who have more than one dog. This is advice that has been designed to keep the pets safe while giving them the liberty to have their share of enjoyment. With this system in your yard, your dogs can freely pay and roam about without you having to worry about them. All you have to do is place the transmitter at the desired spot and you are done. The product can cover half an acre of land and to is adjustable. So you can adjust the boundary according to your need. One of the great things about this system is that it comes with a waterproof receiver collar.
- The product is adjustable and has a wide coverage.
- It is fit for up to 3 dogs.
- The dog collar is waterproof.
- The product can be used on different land types.
- The boundaries can be easily figured out by the dogs.
- The product works perfectly and is very convenient to use.
- It is a good training device for dogs.
- It is not consistent.
- It may weigh 8 pounds or more for the dogs.
Friendly Pet Products Wireless Dog Fence [Check Price on Amazon]
If you are looking for a good and efficient wireless dog fence then, this one product that you should have your eye on. With this product training, your dog becomes much easier. The fence is designed in a way so that you can fully control over its This will let you install the system in a place where you feel your pet will be safe and secure. Also, the receiver collar is made 100 waterproof and as well as water resistant. The product also comes with five correction levels. You can use this system in order to monitor multiple dogs. This product is ideal for huge yards as it can cover up a huge portion of the land.
- It has a waterproof collar.
- It can be used in any landscape.
- It has an unlimited range.
- It can be used for multiple dogs.
- It is easy to install.
- The price of the product is pretty much affordable.
- The product also comes with proper manuals.
- For big yards, you may need wire and an additional transmitter.
- It doesn’t have a low battery warning.
- The product is inconsistent.
PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence [Check Price on Amazon]
If you love traveling with your dog then, this is an ideal dog fence for you. It has all the necessary features that should be there in a good wireless dog fence. The system is completely portable so, you can carry it with you wherever you want. The product can cover up to 4 acres of land for your dog to play peacefully. You can also use this system for an unlimited number of pets which make it one of the best in the market. Even the receiver collar is made waterproof so, you need not worry about it. The collar has got rechargeable batteries that can last up to 3 weeks depending on the usage. This product is best suited for pets that weigh up to 5 pounds or more. Also, the collar is equipped with 5 correction levels.
- It has a waterproof collar.
- It has an adjustable range.
- It can be used for an unlimited number of dogs.
- The product is easy to set-up and is also portable.
- It is best suited for houses with thin walls.
- It may not be suitable for all dog breeds.
- The pet area comes in limited shapes.
- It is expensive.
Now that you know about the top five best wireless dog containment systems, you can get one of them depending on what suits you and your dog’s need the best.
Buyers Guide to Invisible Wireless Dog Fence
Having a dog as a pet is always fun. They are one of the most playful creatures that you will come across and thus, you can have a great time playing with your dog. But at times the playfulness of your dog might get him into trouble and therefore, it is your responsibility to keep him in check. Like for instance, there are times that your dog tries to go out of the fence of your backyard. This may get your dog into trouble. In order to prevent all this from happening, you need a wireless dog fence that can alert you the moment your dog tries to leave its set boundaries. The main purpose of these wireless dog fences is to keep the dog within its prescribed area. This ensures the safety of your dog from outside strangers and dangers as well. There are different varieties of wireless dog fences available in the market that comes with different specifications. But before, you buy any of the products, there are certain things that you need to keep in your mind which are outlined below:
- The first thing that you need to take into account is your dog’s temperament.
- Next, you need to consider the age digging, chewing habits and other such similar factors of your dog.
- Other than that, being the owner of your dog you also need to consider the number of dogs the fence can handle, the coverage area provided by the fence, the ease of installation and also the battery life of the product.
A wireless dog fence is any day better than a wired dog fence because it’s more convenient to train your dog using a wireless system. While training your dog with the wireless system, you should also restrict the boundary area so that you can prevent your dog from going into areas where they can get hurt or injured.
- Invisible Wireless Dog Fence: Do You Really Need It?
Before you decide to buy a wireless dog fence for your dog or dogs, the question that arises is whether you really need a wireless containment system or not. Well, considering all the facts yes you do need a wireless dog fence. The reasons may include the following:
- A wireless dog fence will help you keep your dog within the prescribed area.
- It serves as one of the most effective training devices for dogs.
- It will keep your dog safe and away from all the outside dangers like street dogs and strangers.
- It will also keep your dog safe from going to places where they can get hurt or injured. Thus, it can prevent any kind of accident to take place.
These are the main reasons why you need a wireless dog fence. After all, it’s the best way to keep your dog guarded outdoors while it can play and enjoy itself at the same time.
Wireless Dog Fence Or Wired Dog Fence? Which One Is Better?
There are two types of dog fences available out there. One is the wired fence and the other one is the wireless fence. Considering the features of both these containment systems, it can be said that a wireless dog fence system is any day better than the wired system. That’s because unlike the wired system, the wireless dog fence does not obstruct the facade of the house. With a wireless dog fence, you can have an obstruction free yard while having your dog within its limits. For dog owners who debate between the two types of dog fences, we have listed the major differences between the types of dog fences which will help you determine that which one is the best.
- Wired Dog Fence: Wired dog fences to have receiver collar which needs to be put around your dog’s neck. Then being the owner of your dog, you are required to set the perimeter where you want your furry pet to stay and then, install the fence’s antenna in the ground along the perimeter. The moment your dog crosses the set perimeter, the collar will send a static correction to your dog. Gradually over the period of time, your dog will learn not to cross the boundary. The main advantage of having a wired dog fence is that you can customize the shape of the area according to your need. Like for example, if you have an oddly shaped house then you can adjust the area in which you want your dog to stay with the help of the wired fence. However, the wired fence is not at all portable and that is considered to be one of the major drawbacks. A wired dog fence requires a permanent installation, therefore, you need to be extremely specific about the area where you want to set it up because moving it from one place to another is going to be really difficult for you. So, it’s better than you decide the place cautiously.
- Best Wired Dog Fences
Some of the best-wired dog fences that you can have are as follows:
- It is easy to install.
- Covers an area of about 1000 feet and has more than 20 gauge boundary wire.
- The product comes with 100 flags.
- The receiver collar is made waterproof.
- It comes with an in-built lightening protector in order to protect it from any damage.
- The receiver sends a vibration and a tone alarm as your dog approaches towards the end of the boundary line.
- It is safe to use and can is also easily customizable.
- It provides an area of up to 1/3 acre to your pet.
- The receiver collar is made light in weight so that your pet can wear it comfortably.
- The collar is also adjustable and made waterproof.
- The product covers up to 25 acres of land for your dog.
- The product is also waterproof and submersible.
- It is 100% customizable.
- Wireless Dog Fence: just like wired dog fences even the wireless dog fence also come with a receiver collar that needs to be put around your dog’s neck. The next thing that you have to do is place the transmitter at the center of your yard or home or wherever you decide is to be right. The transmitter creates a radius for your dog within which he can play. The moment your dog leaves the set limits, the receiver collar will send shock corrections to your dog which will let your dog know that it has crossed the set boundary. The best thing about these wireless dog fences is that they can be easily installed and they are very much portable as well. The only negative thing about them is that they do not have a flexible boundary area like the wired dog fences. So you may have problems covering the area of your yard in case, you have an oddly shaped house. But other than that they work just fine.
- Best Wireless Dog Fences
The products are already listed at the beginning of the article.
Things to Consider When Buying An Invisible Wireless Dog Fence
A wireless dog fence is easy to set-up and use and that is why it is preferred by most dog owners. But before, you set out to buy a wireless dog fence, there are certain things that you need to consider which we will be discussing right now.
- Capacity to Cover Area: The first important thing that you need to consider what is the coverage area that it provides. Since wireless dog fences have no wires you have to be completely dependent on the transmitter. Therefore, you will have to first find out that whether the dog fence you are willing to buy provides you the boundary size that you require. There are transmitters that can cover more than an acre while some of them can only cover up to one acre. You also need to consider whether the transmitter will be able to pass through obstructions such as trees, bushes etc. Most of the transmitter comes with a circular radius so if you have an oddly shaped house then it may fail to cover a certain portion of your house. So before you buy a wireless dog fence keep all these points in mind.
- Ease of Installation: A wireless dog fence is easy to install as you do not have to hammer, tie or build anything. All you need to do is place the transmitter at a safe spot from where it is visible and put the receiver collar around your dog’s neck. Once you are done with both your wireless dog fence is ready to work. It takes even less than an hour to set up such a dog fence and also you don’t have to put in any effort setting it up. But make sure that you place the transmitter right in order for the system to work properly. Like for example, try to place the transmitter away from any metal objects.
- Maximum Number Of Dogs Allowed: Another important thing that you need to consider before buying a wireless dog fence is the number of dogs that can be programmed into the transmitter system. The number of dogs that you can program into the system depends on the number of receiver collars provided or allowed with the transmitter. Some transmitter allows only one dog while others allow more than one. If you have more than one dog then, you need to make your choice cautiously because if the transmitter cannot accommodate all your dog’s then, it will be useless for you.
- Warranty: Most of these wireless dog fences come with a warranty period of 1 year. This ensures that you can contact the customer support in case you need any help. The customer care stuff will be happy to help you and solve your queries. Some brands may actually replace the product in case it is damaged while others may simply fix it for you. So before, you make your choice make sure that you have opted for the right brand or else you may face difficulties with the product later in the future.
So these are some of the things that you need to keep in mind while buying a wireless dog fence system. Now that you are aware of the points, it will be easier for you to make your choice.
How Does An Invisible Wireless Dog Fence Work?
Since we are discussing everything about wireless dog fence, it is important that you also know about the way it works. Lets’ start from the different items and their functions and then we can move on to the part where you will learn how to set the wireless dog fence up.
- The Items and Their Functions: There are two main parts that you need to be bothered about in the wireless dog fence that you just bought. The larger piece is known as the transmitter and the smaller piece is the receiver collar. These two parts are will work together in order to keep your dog within it’s set boundary. Your job is to place the transmitter in a secured spot from where you can see it. While the receiver collar needs to be around your dog’s neck. The receiver collar is basically the locator of your dog. There are transmitters that are Wi-Fi enabled. These types of transmitters only make the work of the dog owner easier. The transmitter is used to set the radius for your dog within which he is allowed to play or roam about. Most of these transmitters are designed to track the collar within a distance of 15-90 feet. You can also add more than one transmitter in case if, you think that your dog needs a larger area to play.
- Setting up The Wireless Dog Fence: Once you have completed your job of placing the transmitter and put the receiver collar on your dog, you should know that the wireless dog fence is ready to work. The transmitter is invisibly connected to the receiver collar which helps you keep a track on your dog’s movement. The moment your dog tries to leave the set limits, the transmitter loses contact with the receiver collar and thus, it starts giving the dog bearable static correction around its neck. This sensation will let the dog known that it has crossed the boundaries and that it’s time for him to go back within the limits.
Thus, you can see that the whole mechanism is quite simple and it also really easy to set up the wireless dog fence device.
Tips To Train Your Dog on Invisible Wireless Fence
Now that you know how a wireless dog fence works, it’s time that we discuss training your dog with it. It is true that a wireless dog fence has its own disciplinary rule for training your dog but that doesn’t spare you from your response that you have to fulfill for the first few days of your dog’s training. The things that you need to do being the owner of your dog:
- Guiding Your Dog: At first, you need to set the boundary area. Once you are done setting the boundary for your dog, you need to place signs that will tell your dog that he is almost leaving the safe zone. You can use ropes and flags in order to determine the boundary area or the perimeter. Take your dog for a walk in the safe zone. This will help your dog know better the limits of the boundary. Taking a walk with your dog is the best way to teach them about the allowed roaming distance. This way your dog will better at avoiding the shock treatments from its training.
- Let Go Off Your Dog: The next step is to let go of your dog on its Once you have oriented your furry friend, it’s time that you let him go out for playing but make sure that he is wearing the collar. For the first few days, it is important that you monitor him. This will give your dog a sense of security that the electric shocks are under control. Training a dog requires patience and consistency which you need to have in abundance. Conditioning your dog to stay within the limits may take up to 2-3 weeks. Once it becomes habituated of the limits, you can let your dog play on its own.
- Reminders: Another important thing that you need to keep in mind while you train your dog with a wireless dog fence is that you need to replace or recharge the battery whenever needed. This is crucial because if the batteries die out then, the device will not work which can lead to consequences. Therefore, it’s your duty to keep a check on the battery before they run out.
Knowing how to train your dog with the help of the wireless dog fence will only help you train your dog better.
What Are the Must Have Features In A Dog Collar?
After discussing everything about the wireless dog containment systems now, it’s time that we shift our focus on the dog’s receiver collar. There are certain things regarding the receiver collar that you need to consider. Like for instance, it’s featured. You need to make sure that the dog receiver collar fits your dog and is comfortable enough for him or else there may be a problem. But first, you need to verify that collar has all the necessary features which we are going to discuss below.
- Correction Levels: When it comes to wireless dog fences, the first thing that you need to consider is the number of correction levels the collar allows. The static correction given off by the collar is dependent on the size and the pain tolerance level of your dog. In case if your dog is a puppy then you should not set the static correction level too high. But if, you have a breed of dog that is large enough then, you may require a stronger static stimulation. Otherwise, it may not be able to stop your dog from going out of the boundary. Other than correction levels, some receiver collars also come with ‘tone only’ modes which only gives off an alarm instead of static correction. These features are useful when your dog is sensitive to physical pain and also for hearing-impaired dogs. You also get receiver collars that only give off vibration alarms and these are particularly designed for deaf dogs.
- Receiver Battery: Another important feature that you need to consider before getting a wireless dog fence is the life of the collar’s battery. The life of the battery is obviously dependent on its usage. However, there are brands that can last even after a full day of work. When buying a wireless dog fence, you need to check whether they come with rechargeable or replaceable batteries. Batteries that are replaceable are known to last for months whereas batteries that can be recharged are known to last for a week or more. If you choose the collar with rechargeable batteries then you don’t have to worry about keeping a stock of batteries. In case of replaceable batteries, you need a keep a check on its Also, you need to check whether the batteries are proprietary or non-proprietary ones. Proprietary batteries are usually very hard to find and are also very expensive in comparison to non-proprietary batteries and also you can get them very easily.
- Collar Size: The next important thing that you need to consider is the size of the collar. A wireless dog fence works the best when the receiver collar fits the best. This ensures that the static correction flows from the transmitter and reaches the dog. But if, the collar is loose then, the static correction will be rendered useless because it will not reach the dog. However, you need to make sure that the collar is not too tight for your dog otherwise it may cause suffocation. Therefore, it is important that you check and verify the size of the collar before you buy it. In order to get the perfect fit, measure the neck of your dog and then, get a collar of that size. This will avoid any sizing mistakes from taking place and also it will prevent you from buying the wrong sized product for your dog and thus, waste your money. The best thing about these receiver collars that most of them are flexible and can be adjusted according to the neck of your dog. Also, take note of the size that is mentioned on the box before, you make the purchase. The suitability of the wireless dog fence will be mentioned on the box as small, medium or large.
- Dog Weight: Other than the neck size of your dog you also need to consider the weight of your dog as most of the receiver collar comes with a minimum dog weight rule so that the transmitter can be effective for the dog. In case if you own a large dog it can be beneficial for you. That’s because most of the wireless dog fence cater to the large breed of dogs with a minimum dog weight rule of 5 pounds per dog. So before you bring the product home make sure that you check the weight range of the collar in order for it to be effective for your dog.
- Dog Age: Another thing that you need to consider is the age of your dog. If your dog is still a puppy then, you should wait till it grows to be 8 months old or more. Puppies are generally playful and therefore, they are too young to be trained. Let them enjoy their freedom and have fun while being a puppy. Also, puppies are small enough to be left outside in the yard. Once your puppy grows into a big dog, you can start it’s training right away. Other than this it is advisable to hold the training of your dog when it is a puppy as they would be too young for the static correction. Training them with shock correction at a young age may leave them traumatized for the rest of their lives so, it’s better that you wait till your dog is ready. A puppy’s body is tending to be more sensitive and fragile than a big dog so, the best time to start their training is when they grow up.
- Water Resistance: Electronic gadgets are known to work the best when they are kept away from moisture and water. But some of these wireless dog fences are designed to take a little splash of water. These wireless dog fences are made to withstand rain and drizzles but the question is they waterproof or water resistant? Wireless dog fence can be of different types like for example weatherproof dog fences are meant to withstand strong winds, heat from the sun rays and also harsh weather. Whereas waterproof dog fence is known to be impervious to water. On the other hand, water-resistant dog fence is designed to withstand even the penetration of water into it. However, they are still not completely water safe. You need to keep in mind that there is a difference between water resistant and waterproof dog fences. You can submerge a waterproof collar in the water for a prolonged period of time whereas a water-resistant collar can only be wet before it stops working. Thus, you can say that it can only withstand drops or sprinkles of water.
- Durability: Depending on how playful your dog is you can be good judge judging the durability of the transmitter. It is advised that you go through its control options. Some receiver collar comes with an on/off switch or a safety timeout option which prevents your dog from getting a too much static correction at the same time. If you are going to train your dog completely based on the wireless dog fence system then, you better keep a watch on your dog for its safety purpose.
- Range: One of the most important aspects that you need to consider is the range of the wireless dog fence. Keep in mind that a wireless dog fence should allow enough space for your dog so that it can play and train nicely. At the same time, it should be compact enough to cover the yard of your house. Wireless dog fences come in different sizes and shapes. Like for instance, most of the electric wireless dog fence is known to have the circular This makes your work easy as you only have to find a spot in your yard and fix the transmitter there and let the device manage the boundary area for your dog. Some of the things that you need consider while getting a wireless dog fence is that how big the boundary is, how big your backyard is, do you require the entire space or only a small portion. All these points need to be answered before you make your choice. Once you know all the answers, you can buy the best product that suits your need.
Some of The Best Wireless Dog Fence Collars And Batteries
Wireless Dog Fence Collars
- Ideal for dogs that are 8 pounds.
- The receiver collar is waterproof.
- It comes with 5 adjustable levels of correction.
- It can be used for unlimited pets.
- It comes with 4 levels of correction.
- The receiver collar is waterproof.
- It has a universal fit.
- It is designed for heavy duty.
- It has an adjustable strap.
Wireless Dog Fence Batteries
- It is waterproof.
- It has a long shelf-life.
- Every package comes with two 6 volts battery modules.
- It has a built-in waterproof seal.
- It is 100 % compatible with PetSafe RFA-67 batteries.
- Batteries with a voltage of 6V.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Wireless Containment System?
- From the name itself, you can very well make out that it’s a containment system that comes with no wire. All you have to do is identify the required boundary for your dog and set the transmitter on the wireless boundary. The dog collar will receive radio signals from the transmitter that is there on the containment system. Also, these wireless containment systems are usually portable.
- Do age or the size of the dog matter when it comes to training them using a containment system?
- No, there is no age limit and size doesn’t matter when it comes to training your dog with the help of a containment system. The shock that comes from the dog collar is completely harmless for your dog so, you need not worry about it much. However, it is advised that your dog should be at least 8 weeks old before, you start its training. If you want you can start to train your puppy when it is 4 months old but you need wait till it is 6 months old to train it with stimulation or shock.
- How long do the batteries last?
- The life of the battery depends on the product that you have bought how often you use the system and also on the kind of the battery that the containment system uses. The rechargeable dog collars would last up to 2-3 weeks before you need to charge them again. In case of replaceable batteries, it may last up to 2-6 months before it demands to be changed.
- Can the collar alarm a deaf dog?
- There are different types and varieties of dog containment systems available in the market. Therefore, you will have to check the product before buying it. Some of the dog collars come with a beeping system with it so that it can alarm the dog. Other than that there are collars that also come with vibration system that alarms the dog which is exactly what you will need to buy if, your dog is deaf. Before you buy the system check it whether it has a vibrating collar or a collar with a vibration mode because you will be requiring that.
- Is it possible to add another receiver collar in the containment system?
- Yes, it is possible to add another receiver collar in the containment system. In fact, you can add as many receiver collars you want in the system as long as it is compatible with it. After all, receiver collars can be bought separately in the market.
- How do I get to know if there is any problem with my containment system?
- All the containment systems are built to have signals and transmitter that usually have lights which will help you to understand whether the device is working properly or not. Also, you need to have at least some knowledge about your system and for that, you will have to read the manual guide that is provided with the system. The manual will give you the idea that which light means what and from there you can identify if your system is having any problem or not.
- Can I make my dog wear the dog collar at all times?
- No, it is not at all okay. Your dogs are allowed to wear the receiver collar only up to 12 hours and not a second more than that. That’s because the collar can cause severe irritation in the dog especially if your dog is a sensitive one and therefore, you being the owner needs to keep a check on your dog’s neck from time to time.
- Is the shock harmful?
- It can be unpleasant for your pet but it is completely harmless so, you can be tension free of that. Depending on the type of the collar and the containment system that you use there are different adjustment levels. So it’s your duty to adjust the level of stimulation depending on your dog’s size, breed and as well as personality. The alarm will only set off when your dog tries to cross the boundaries of the wireless fence. In case, you want to take your dog outside the boundary purposefully then, you are required to remove the collar first.
- Do containment systems really work?
- Yes, with proper installation of the system along with training and discipline, the wireless dog fence will work. If you are one of those owners that remain busy throughout the day and have a concern for your dog then, using a containment system can really work for you. This will ensure that your dog is safe and is within the set boundaries. If you find any problem regarding the system, you can always call up the customer service for help.
- How long will it take to train my dog?
- In general, it takes only up to 15 days to train a dog. However, the duration is completely dependent on your dog’s personality. But with the right kind of training and discipline, you and your dog can have really good time training and you may not even notice as the days will pass by.
- What exactly is the receiver collar and what functions does it have?
- It is basically a small square shaped object that is fixed with the collar. This tiny little machine sets off as soon as your dog tries to leave its boundaries. The receiver collar is then known to give off mild shock attacks to your dog and stops the moment dog enters the correction zone.
- Are there any chances that it will over correct my pet?
- The possibilities of your dog getting overcorrected by it are really low. After all, the system is designed to keep the pets safe and deliberately harm them. Like for example, the collar will correct your dog as long as it is outside the boundary. But the moment it comes to the correction zone, the collar will stop.
- Can I use this system on my cats?
- Yes, you can even use the system on your cats because they are completely compatible with them as well. There are systems that are smaller in size which can be used for both cats and dogs.
- What should be the length of the wire?
- The length of the wire is dependent on the perimeter of your backyard. Generally, all of the systems that are available in the market come with 500 feet of wire. In case, the length of your perimeter exceeds 500 feet then, obviously you will be requiring a wire longer in length. Therefore, you are required to first measure the length of the area that you need to wire off. Depending on the measurement you will have to buy the wire.
- Are there any indoor containment systems available?
- Well, yes there are indoor containment systems that are available out there for your need. All you have to do is get the right one depending on your dog and how you want to train it or what you feel suits it the best.
So from the above discussion, it can be concluded that wireless dog fence is just the perfect training device for your dog. No matter what breed of dog you have or what size it is, wireless containment system works on all kind of dogs. The system is not only safe to use but it is any day better than a wired dog fence. If, you own a dog then make sure you have one of these at your home. After all, training your dog with the help of a wireless dog fence is has many advantages as well. In order to avail the benefits and the convenience, get one for your dog or dogs today!