We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Having a pet is always fun and entertaining. After all, they serve to be your best companion and add colour to your lives. But the level of excitement and fun exceeds all limits when you have a dog as your pet. They are in the true sense a man’s best friend. They are only the animals in this whole world who could sacrifice their life for you without asking anything in return. Yes, that’s the love of a dog for its owner or master or whatever you call it. Therefore, they deserve all the love and care in the world.
When you own a dog as your pet, it is your sole responsibility that you keep it happy and also in good condition. Apart from that, you also need to keep them fit and active and this is where training comes in. It is important that you train your dog right because it will help them stay safe and protected. Like for instance, if you reside in a crowded neighbourhood, there are chances that your dog may run away and lose it’s way back home. This may lead your dog’s life in danger from several threats. In order to prevent these things from happening, you can get your dog an invisible wireless dog fence. It is one of the best devices that have been ever designed for dogs. Today, in this article we are going to literally cover everything related to the wireless dog fence. This will give a clear idea of what it is, how it functions, the best systems available and a lot more.
Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews 2020 – The Ultimate Invisible Dog Fence Buyers Guide
The Top 5 Invisible Wireless Dog Fence That You Need To Know About
- PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
- Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence
- Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless 2-Dog Containment System
- Friendly Pet Products Wireless Dog Fence
- PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
There are different types of wireless dog fences 2020 available in the market but it is obvious that you want the best one for your dog. Choosing the right containment system for your dog can be a tough task because you need to keep a lot of factors in mind while deciding on the product. Therefore, it is no less than a big responsibility. To help you out, we have listed the five best wireless dog fences that are known to be the best that you can get. All the details regarding the products along with its pros and cons are listed below so, that you get an in-depth idea about the products. The information provided below about the products will let you know what to expect from the systems and how good or bad it is. Check out Wireless Dog Fence for Large Dogs and Wireless Dog Fence for Small Dogs.
#1. PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System [Check Price on Amazon]
- 1/2 Acre of Circular Coverage: The adjustable circular range can cover up to 1/2 acres from the placement of the Portable indoor transmitter
- No Wire to Bury: A wireless boundary allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard to protect your pets without the time or hassle of burying wires
This is one of the best wireless dog fences that you will come across in the market. The system provides you with a circular radius which covers up to half an acre of land for your dog. The best part is that the range of the boundary is adjustable and can be extended up to 90 feet in all the directions. Other than that it also has other great features such as the receiver collar is made waterproof so, that you can use it on your dog for all types of climates. The product also comes with 5 levels of correction system and a low battery indicator. This will help you know when to change the batteries. This is an ideal product for dogs less than 8 pounds and is also portable.
The product also has a long battery life and has a simple setup, which takes only a few hours. The system also supports multiple pets; that is, you can add a various number of collars to the fence system to keep your pets safe within the boundaries. PetSafe also allows you to purchase only a collar, only a fence, and a combo of the wireless fence and battery pack as per your convenience and need.
#2. Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence [Check Price on Amazon]
- ELECTRIC DOG FENCE 955 ft of industrial grade SOLID COPPER CORE WIRE. Enough to cover 1.2 acres. Can expand up to 5 acres of land
- 5 LEVELS OF ADJUSTMENT - Tone & Static correction. Perfect for mild mannered to more stubborn dogs
This is not an entirely wireless system but it will definitely help you to train the stubborn dogs the best. With the help of this system, you can easily train your dog to stay within the set boundaries. The use of small shocks and vibrations are designed to alert the pet when they commit the mistake of crossing the boundary line. The nut at the same time these shock alerts are harmless to the pet so, you need not worry about it at all. The collars are designed to fit around your dog’s neck perfectly without causing your dog any discomfort. This system is designed with the latest technology and thus, comes with in-ground cords that are used to set a hidden perimeter. Also, the fence makes use of the latest radio wave technology. The receiver collar comes with 5 correction levels for your pet. The product can cover up to 5 acres of land. Other than that the product also has many other great features that make it totally worth your time and money.
The product is from a professional training range and is effective. It is hidden, static, waterproof, and wireless as marketed and also easy on your pockets.
#3. Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless 2-Dog Containment System [Check Price on Amazon]
- PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300, 3-Dog System. The package includes 1 wireless fence transmitter and 3 receiver collars.
- Designed for dogs 8 pounds and up. Fits neck sizes 6-28 inches.
This is yet another great wireless dog containment system that you will get in the market. This product is mainly designed for owners who have more than one dog. This is advice that has been designed to keep the pets safe while giving them the liberty to have their share of enjoyment. With this system in your yard, your dogs can freely pay and roam about without you having to worry about them. All you have to do is place the transmitter at the desired spot and you are done. The product can cover half an acre of land and is adjustable. So you can adjust the boundary according to your need. One of the great things about this system is that it comes with a waterproof receiver collar.
The package includes one wireless fence and three receivers, which means three collars. The collars are designed for dogs 8 pounds and up and fits neck sizes 6-28 inches. The system is also equipped with five adjustable levels of static correction for customization, and training along with tone-only mode alerts your pet with a sound.
#4. Friendly Pet Products Wireless Dog Fence [Check Price on Amazon]
If you are looking for a good and efficient wireless dog fence then, this one product that you should have your eye on. With this product training, your dog becomes much easier. The fence is designed in a way so that you can fully control over its functions. This will let you install the system in a place where you feel your pet will be safe and secure. Also, the receiver collar is made 100 waterproof. The product also comes with five correction levels. You can use this system in order to monitor multiple dogs. This product is ideal for huge yards as it can cover up a huge portion of the land.
The system of the fence works through an effective in-ground electric cord wi-fi transmitter along with radiofrequency for reliable fencing. The product also comes with a training manual and flags to train your dogs and a quality customer support system.
#5. PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence [Check Price on Amazon]
- 3/4 Acre of Circular Coverage: The adjustable circular range allows up to 3/4-acre of coverage (22-105 feet in all directions) from the placement of the indoor transmitter
- No Wire to Bury: A wireless boundary allows you to create a safe barrier around your yard to protect your pets without spending time burying wires
If you love travelling with your dog then, this is an ideal dog fence for you. It has all the necessary features that should be there in a good wireless dog fence. The system is completely portable so, you can carry it with you wherever you want. The product can cover up to 4 acres of land for your dog to play peacefully. You can also use this system for an unlimited number of pets which make it one of the best in the market. Even the receiver collar is made waterproof so, you need not worry about it. The collar has got rechargeable batteries that can last up to 3 weeks depending on the usage. This product is best suited for pets that weigh up to 5 pounds or more. Also, the collar is equipped with 5 correction levels.
The collar of the product neck sizes 6 to 28 inches and is compatible with all other PetSafe transmitters. The setup is pretty simple and quick also to set it up quickly when you are vacationing or simply outdoors.
The product without any need to lay wires in-ground creates a secure boundary via radio frequency and doesn’t correct your pet like other fences. The system comes with the transmitter, collar, adapter, small tools, and training flags for the initial-boundary training of your pets. You can also buy only a collar if needed in the future as a replacement or for pet addition in your family.
Now that you know about the top five best wireless dog containment systems, you can get one of them depending on what suits you and your dog’s needs the best.
Buyers Guide to Invisible Wireless Dog Fence 2020
Having a dog as a pet is always fun. They are one of the most playful creatures that you will come across and thus, you can have a great time playing with your dog. But at times the playfulness of your dog might get him into trouble and therefore, it is your responsibility to keep him in check. Like for instance, there are times that your dog tries to go out of the fence of your backyard. This may get your dog into trouble. In order to prevent all this from happening, you need a wireless dog fence that can alert you the moment your dog tries to leave its set boundaries. The main purpose of these wireless dog fences is to keep the dog within its prescribed area. This ensures the safety of your dog from outside strangers and dangers as well. There are different varieties of wireless dog fences available in the market that comes with different specifications. But before, you buy any of the products, there are certain things that you need to keep in your mind which are outlined below:
- The first thing that you need to take into account is your dog’s temperament.
- Next, you need to consider the age digging, chewing habits and other such similar factors of your dog.
- Other than that, being the owner of your dog you also need to consider the number of dogs the fence can handle, the coverage area provided by the fence, the ease of installation and also the battery life of the product.
A wireless dog fence is any day better than a wired dog fence because it’s more convenient to train your dog using a wireless system. While training your dog with the wireless system, you should also restrict the boundary area so that you can prevent your dog from going into areas where they can get hurt or injured.
- Invisible Wireless Dog Fence: Do You Really Need It?
Before you decide to buy a wireless dog fence for your dog or dogs, the question that arises is whether you really need a wireless containment system or not. Well, considering all the facts yes you do need a wireless dog fence. The reasons may include the following:
- A wireless dog fence will help you keep your dog within the prescribed area.
- It serves as one of the most effective training devices for dogs.
- It will keep your dog safe and away from all the outside dangers like street dogs and strangers.
- It will also keep your dog safe from going to places where they can get hurt or injured. Thus, it can prevent any kind of accident to take place.
These are the main reasons why you need a wireless dog fence. After all, it’s the best way to keep your dog guarded outdoors while it can play and enjoy itself at the same time.
Wireless Dog Fence Or Wired Dog Fence? Which One Is Better?
There are two types of dog fences available out there. One is the wired fence and the other one is the wireless fence. Considering the features of both these containment systems, it can be said that a wireless dog fence system is any day better than the wired system. That’s because unlike the wired system, the wireless dog fence does not obstruct the facade of the house. With a wireless dog fence, you can have an obstruction free yard while having your dog within its limits. For dog owners who debate between the two types of dog fences, we have listed the major differences between the types of dog fences which will help you determine which one is the best.
Wired Dog Fence
Wired dog fences to have receiver collar which needs to be put around your dog’s neck. Then being the owner of your dog, you are required to set the perimeter where you want your furry pet to stay and then, install the fence’s antenna in the ground along the perimeter. The moment your dog crosses the set perimeter, the collar will send a static correction to your dog. Gradually over the period of time, your dog will learn not to cross the boundary. The main advantage of having a wired dog fence is that you can customize the shape of the area according to your need. Like for example, if you have an oddly shaped house then you can adjust the area in which you want your dog to stay with the help of the wired fence. However, the wired fence is not at all portable and that is considered to be one of the major drawbacks. A wired dog fence requires a permanent installation, therefore, you need to be extremely specific about the area where you want to set it up because moving it from one place to another is going to be really difficult for you. So, it’s better than you decide the place cautiously.
Best Wired Dog Fences
Some of the best-wired dog fences that you can have are as follows:
- Easy-to-install containment kit includes everything needed to cover 1 1/3 acres of land for one dog; can be expanded to cover 100 acres with more wire and flags (sdf-wf)
- Waterproof collar takes standard 9-volt battery (included) that lasts 6-12 months; Fits dogs 10 pound And up
- It is easy to install.
- Covers an area of about 1000 feet and has more than 20 gauge boundary wire.
- The product comes with 100 flags.
- The receiver collar is made waterproof.
- It comes with an in-built lightening protector in order to protect it from any damage.
- The receiver sends a vibration and a tone alarm as your dog approaches towards the end of the boundary line.
- 1/3 Acre Coverage: 500 ft of included wire lets you contain up to a 1/3-acre yard; Purchase additional wire to contain up to 5-acres
- 4 Levels of Static Correction: 4 levels of adjustable static correction and a tone-only mode help keep your dog safe and secure inside their designated play area
- It is safe to use and can is also easily customizable.
- It provides an area of up to 1/3 acre to your pet.
- The receiver collar is made light in weight so that your pet can wear it comfortably.
- The collar is also adjustable and made waterproof.
- Improved: The 2nd Generation eXtreme Dog Fence STANDARD GRADE Kit Covers Up to 6 Acres. The Updated Electronics are Designed for Compatibility with New Collar Options. 3 Antennas, 12x Battery Check, +More
- Waterproof and Submersible: Most Other Inground Dog Fence Systems Claim to be "Water Resistant". The eXtreme Dog Fence Includes a Collar Receiver that is COMPLETELY Waterproof, and Can be Submerged up to 10' Deep. Your Dog Can Swim with the Collar on and Won't Affect it's Functionality
- The product covers up to 25 acres of land for your dog.
- The product is also waterproof and submersible.
- It is 100% customizable.
Wireless Dog Fence
just like wired dog fences even the wireless dog fence also come with a receiver collar that needs to be put around your dog’s neck. The next thing that you have to do is place the transmitter at the centre of your yard or home or wherever you decide is to be right. The transmitter creates a radius for your dog within which he can play. The moment your dog leaves the set limits, the receiver collar will send shock corrections to your dog which will let your dog know that it has crossed the set boundary. The best thing about these wireless dog fences is that they can be easily installed and they are very much portable as well. The only negative thing about them is that they do not have a flexible boundary area like the wired dog fences. So you may have problems covering the area of your yard in case, you have an oddly shaped house. But other than that they work just fine.
Best Wireless Dog Fences
The products are already listed at the beginning of the article.
Things to Consider When Buying An Invisible Wireless Dog Fence
A wireless dog fence is easy to set-up and use and that is why it is preferred by most dog owners. But before, you set out to buy a wireless dog fence, there are certain things that you need to consider which we will be discussing right now.
- Capacity to Cover Area: The first important thing that you need to consider what is the coverage area that it provides. Since wireless dog fences have no wires you have to be completely dependent on the transmitter. Therefore, you will have to first find out that whether the dog fence you are willing to buy provides you with the boundary size that you require. There are transmitters that can cover more than an acre while some of them can only cover up to one acre. You also need to consider whether the transmitter will be able to pass through obstructions such as trees, bushes etc. Most of the transmitter comes with a circular radius so if you have an oddly shaped house then it may fail to cover a certain portion of your house. So before you buy a wireless dog fence keep all these points in mind.
- Ease of Installation: A wireless dog fence is easy to install as you do not have to hammer, tie or build anything. All you need to do is place the transmitter at a safe spot from where it is visible and put the receiver collar around your dog’s neck. Once you are done with both your wireless dog fence is ready to work. It takes even less than an hour to set up such a dog fence and also you don’t have to put in any effort setting it up. But make sure that you place the transmitter right in order for the system to work properly. For example, try to place the transmitter away from any metal objects.
- Maximum Number Of Dogs Allowed: Another important thing that you need to consider before buying a wireless dog fence is the number of dogs that can be programmed into the transmitter system. The number of dogs that you can program into the system depends on the number of receiver collars provided or allowed with the transmitter. Some transmitter allows only one dog while others allow more than one. If you have more than one dog then, you need to make your choice cautiously because if the transmitter cannot accommodate all your dog’s then, it will be useless for you.
- Warranty: Most of these wireless dog fences come with a warranty period of 1 year. This ensures that you can contact the customer support in case you need any help. The customer care stuff will be happy to help you and solve your queries. Some brands may actually replace the product in case it is damaged while others may simply fix it for you. So before, you make your choice make sure that you have opted for the right brand or else you may face difficulties with the product later in the future.
So these are some of the things that you need to keep in mind while buying a wireless dog fence system. Now that you are aware of the points, it will be easier for you to make your choice.
How Does An Invisible Wireless Dog Fence Work?
Since we are discussing everything about wireless dog fence, it is important that you also know about the way it works. Lets’ start from the different items and their functions and then we can move on to the part where you will learn how to set the wireless dog fence up.
- The Items and Their Functions: There are two main parts that you need to be bothered about in the wireless dog fence that you just bought. The larger piece is known as the transmitter and the smaller piece is the receiver collar. These two parts are will work together in order to keep your dog within it’s set boundary. Your job is to place the transmitter in a secured spot from where you can see it. While the receiver collar needs to be around your dog’s neck. The receiver collar is basically the locator of your dog. There are transmitters that are Wi-Fi enabled. These types of transmitters only make the work of the dog owner easier. The transmitter is used to set the radius for your dog within which he is allowed to play or roam about. Most of these transmitters are designed to track the collar within a distance of 15-90 feet. You can also add more than one transmitter in case if, you think that your dog needs a larger area to play.
- Setting up The Wireless Dog Fence: Once you have completed your job of placing the transmitter and put the receiver collar on your dog, you should know that the wireless dog fence is ready to work. The transmitter is invisibly connected to the receiver collar which helps you keep a track on your dog’s movement. The moment your dog tries to leave the set limits, the transmitter loses contact with the receiver collar and thus, it starts giving the dog bearable static correction around its neck. This sensation will let the dog known that it has crossed the boundaries and that it’s time for him to go back within the limits.
Thus, you can see that the whole mechanism is quite simple and it also really easy to set up the wireless dog fence device.
Tips To Train Your Dog on Invisible Wireless Fence
Now that you know how a wireless dog fence works, it’s time that we discuss training your dog with it. It is true that a wireless dog fence has its own disciplinary rule for training your dog but that doesn’t spare you from your response that you have to fulfil for the first few days of your dog’s training. The things that you need to do being the owner of your dog:
- Guiding Your Dog: At first, you need to set the boundary area. Once you are done setting the boundary for your dog, you need to place signs that will tell your dog that he is almost leaving the safe zone. You can use ropes and flags in order to determine the boundary area or the perimeter. Take your dog for a walk in the safe zone. This will help your dog know better the limits of the boundary. Taking a walk with your dog is the best way to teach them about the allowed roaming distance. This way your dog will better at avoiding the shock treatments from its training.
- Let Go Off Your Dog: The next step is to let go of your dog on its Once you have oriented your furry friend, it’s time that you let him go out for playing but make sure that he is wearing the collar. For the first few days, it is important that you monitor him. This will give your dog a sense of security that the electric shocks are under control. Training a dog requires patience and consistency which you need to have in abundance. Conditioning your dog to stay within the limits may take up to 2-3 weeks. Once it becomes habituated of the limits, you can let your dog play on its own.
- Reminders: Another important thing that you need to keep in mind while you train your dog with a wireless dog fence is that you need to replace or recharge the battery whenever needed. This is crucial because if the batteries die out then, the device will not work which can lead to consequences. Therefore, it’s your duty to keep a check on the battery before they run out.
Knowing how to train your dog with the help of the wireless dog fence will only help you train your dog better.
What Are the Must Have Features In A Dog Collar?
After discussing everything about the wireless dog containment systems now, it’s time that we shift our focus on the dog’s receiver collar. There are certain things regarding the receiver collar that you need to consider. Like for instance, it’s featured. You need to make sure that the dog receiver collar fits your dog and is comfortable enough for him or else there may be a problem. But first, you need to verify that the collar has all the necessary features which we are going to discuss below.
- Correction Levels: When it comes to wireless dog fences, the first thing that you need to consider is the number of correction levels the collar allows. The static correction given off by the collar is dependent on the size and the pain tolerance level of your dog. In case if your dog is a puppy then you should not set the static correction level too high. But if, you have a breed of dog that is large enough then, you may require a stronger static stimulation. Otherwise, it may not be able to stop your dog from going out of the boundary. Other than correction levels, some receiver collars also come with ‘tone only’ modes which only gives off an alarm instead of static correction. These features are useful when your dog is sensitive to physical pain and also for hearing-impaired dogs. You also get receiver collars that only give off vibration alarms and these are particularly designed for deaf dogs.
- Receiver Battery: Another important feature that you need to consider before getting a wireless dog fence is the life of the collar’s battery. The life of the battery is obviously dependent on its usage. However, there are brands that can last even after a full day of work. When buying a wireless dog fence, you need to check whether they come with rechargeable or replaceable batteries. Batteries that are replaceable are known to last for months whereas batteries that can be recharged are known to last for a week or more. If you choose the collar with rechargeable batteries then you don’t have to worry about keeping a stock of batteries. In case of replaceable batteries, you need a keep a check on its Also, you need to check whether the batteries are proprietary or non-proprietary ones. Proprietary batteries are usually very hard to find and are also very expensive in comparison to non-proprietary batteries and also you can get them very easily.
- Collar Size: The next important thing that you need to consider is the size of the collar. A wireless dog fence works the best when the receiver collar fits the best. This ensures that the static correction flows from the transmitter and reaches the dog. But if, the collar is loose then, the static correction will be rendered useless because it will not reach the dog. However, you need to make sure that the collar is not too tight for your dog otherwise it may cause suffocation. Therefore, it is important that you check and verify the size of the collar before you buy it. In order to get the perfect fit, measure the neck of your dog and then, get a collar of that size. This will avoid any sizing mistakes from taking place and also it will prevent you from buying the wrong sized product for your dog and thus, waste your money. The best thing about these receiver collars that most of them are flexible and can be adjusted according to the neck of your dog. Also, take note of the size that is mentioned on the box before, you make the purchase. The suitability of the wireless dog fence will be mentioned on the box as small, medium or large.
- Dog Weight: Other than the neck size of your dog you also need to consider the weight of your dog as most of the receiver collar comes with a minimum dog weight rule so that the transmitter can be effective for the dog. In case if you own a large dog it can be beneficial for you. That’s because most of the wireless dog fence cater to the large breed of dogs with a minimum dog weight rule of 5 pounds per dog. So before you bring the product home make sure that you check the weight range of the collar in order for it to be effective for your dog.
- Dog Age: Another thing that you need to consider is the age of your dog. If your dog is still a puppy then, you should wait till it grows to be 8 months old or more. Puppies are generally playful and therefore, they are too young to be trained. Let them enjoy their freedom and have fun while being a puppy. Also, puppies are small enough to be left outside in the yard. Once your puppy grows into a big dog, you can start it’s training right away. Other than this it is advisable to hold the training of your dog when it is a puppy as they would be too young for the static correction. Training them with shock correction at a young age may leave them traumatized for the rest of their lives so, it’s better that you wait till your dog is ready. A puppy’s body is tending to be more sensitive and fragile than a big dog so, the best time to start their training is when they grow up.
- Water Resistance: Electronic gadgets are known to work the best when they are kept away from moisture and water. But some of these wireless dog fences are designed to take a little splash of water. These wireless dog fences are made to withstand rain and drizzles but the question is they waterproof or water resistant? Wireless dog fence can be of different types like for example weatherproof dog fences are meant to withstand strong winds, heat from the sun rays and also harsh weather. Whereas waterproof dog fence is known to be impervious to water. On the other hand, water-resistant dog fence is designed to withstand even the penetration of water into it. However, they are still not completely water safe. You need to keep in mind that there is a difference between water resistant and waterproof dog fences. You can submerge a waterproof collar in the water for a prolonged period of time whereas a water-resistant collar can only be wet before it stops working. Thus, you can say that it can only withstand drops or sprinkles of water.
- Durability: Depending on how playful your dog is you can be a good judge judging the durability of the transmitter. It is advised that you go through its control options. Some receiver collar comes with an on/off switch or a safety timeout option which prevents your dog from getting a too much static correction at the same time. If you are going to train your dog completely based on the wireless dog fence system then, you better keep a watch on your dog for its safety purpose.
- Range: One of the most important aspects that you need to consider is the range of the wireless dog fence. Keep in mind that a wireless dog fence should allow enough space for your dog so that it can play and train nicely. At the same time, it should be compact enough to cover the yard of your house. Wireless dog fences come in different sizes and shapes. Like for instance, most of the electric wireless dog fence is known to have the circular This makes your work easy as you only have to find a spot in your yard and fix the transmitter there and let the device manage the boundary area for your dog. Some of the things that you need consider while getting a wireless dog fence is that how big the boundary is, how big your backyard is, do you require the entire space or only a small portion. All these points need to be answered before you make your choice. Once you know all the answers, you can buy the best product that suits your need.
Some of The Best Wireless Dog Fence Collars And Batteries
Wireless Dog Fence Collars
- The PetSafe Wireless Fence Collar should be used for dogs that are 8 pounds and up. Fits neck sizes 6-28 inches.
- Waterproof receiver. Compatible with PetSafe Wireless Containment System (PIF-300 system, IF-100 transmitter) and Stay+Play Wireless Fence (PIF00-12917).
- Ideal for dogs that are 8 pounds.
- The receiver collar is waterproof.
- It comes with 5 adjustable levels of correction.
- ADD UNLIMITED PETS TO YOUR SYSTEM: keep as many pets as you need safely in your yard with this add-a-dog receiver collar; compatible with all PetSafe In-Ground Systems except YardMax
- 4 LEVELS OF CORRECTION: Teach your pets to stay in the secure play area with a sound only training mode plus 4 levels of static; pets can be trained in 2 weeks when used as directed
- It can be used for unlimited pets.
- It comes with 4 levels of correction.
- The receiver collar is waterproof.
- Is your electric dog collar grimy and worn? It’s probably time for a replacement. Choose an exciting pattern to match your dog’s personality. Pick your design and size to fit your dog’s neck perfectly. Voila! Just like new.
- Great designer look. Quality woven nylon. Everything you are looking for in a receiver collar with a curved locking buckle.
- It has a universal fit.
- It is designed for heavy duty.
- It has an adjustable strap.
Wireless Dog Fence Batteries
|PetSafe RFA-67D-11 6 Volt Battery (Pack of 2)||$6.95||Buy on Amazon|
|PetStandard Replacement Batteries for PetSafe RFA-67 (Pack of 10)||Buy on Amazon|
|PetSafe 6-Volt Lithium Battery (Pack of 6)||$20.85||Buy on Amazon|
- Dual Replacement Batteries: Two 6 Volt RFA-67 lithium metal replacement batteries included
- Compatible Collars: Works with PetSafe bark collar as well as in-ground and wireless fence receiver collar systems
- It is waterproof.
- It has a long shelf-life.
- Every package comes with two 6 volts battery modules.
- 100% Compatible with PetSafe RFA-67 batteries
- For PetSafe fence, bark and training collars
- It has a built-in waterproof seal.
- It is 100 % compatible with PetSafe RFA-67 batteries.
- Not a Copy these are 100-percent Original PetSafe Brand Batteries
- Battery Voltage: 6V
- Batteries with a voltage of 6V.
How to Install a Wireless Fence?
If you have dogs at your home, you will be aware of the problem that they often try to go away from your property. This may appear fun to them but it is often harmful as they can get hit by a car or even get lost. You cannot possibly build a physical fence around your property, but the thing that you can do is to buy a wireless fence and get it installed to keep your dog inside. Always read enough wireless dog fence reviews before you buy one. We know that getting one installed by a professional can often cost you a tonne of money. So, we will provide a step by step guide to set up the wireless fence at your home.
Things to do before you install the fence:
- Check the layout:
You will need to chalk out the area that will come inside the fence. This will be the place where your dog can roam freely. Often the periphery of the yard is considered a good boundary. But you can sketch out any flowerbeds or other parts of the properties that your dog may harm.
- Keep the principles in Mind:
Your wireless fence doesn’t have wires so you need to keep everything in mind. This includes obstacles like tree roots or concrete slabs that are present in your yard. Also, do not think of the fence as a restricting device. Do not make the boundary too small. Rather think about creating a safe space for your dogs or cats. Think about the place in which you will want to place the transmitter and always restrict your pets from accessing it.
Installing your Transmitter:
So, when you are setting up the fence, you will need to think about the transmitter which actually gives out the signals. It is best if the transmitter is on the outer wall of your house and it needs to have a power source near it. Also, make sure that there aren’t any large metal objects or appliances near it. Transmitters should be installed on the ground floor of the house and it should be placed 3 to 4 feet above the ground. Try to make sure that the place you choose occupies a central position in your property. To make the installation easier, mount the transmitter on the wall so that you wouldn’t need additional ways to hold it in place. The transmitter should also be free from any outside objects or tangles which may come in between the signals. Leave the mounting part till the end as you may need to change the location if the signals aren’t appropriate.
Using the pet receiver collar:
- Setting up the collar:
To make use of the wireless fence you need to put collars on your animals. These collars contain the receivers which get the signals given out by the transmitter. The collar is rechargeable in nature. So, you will need to charge the collar before you put it on your animal. After you have put the collar on, you will need to turn it on, but some models may also require you to register the collar with the transmitter. Once it is done you will be good to go.
- Setting the radius for the collar:
If you want the collar to work effectively, you will need to set up the radius of the fence. The maximum radius varies between 90 to 250 feet according to the model. For this step, it is best if you take help from a friend or a family member. Remember the layout and stand in the exact position where you want the radius of the fence to end. Do remember that you will need to put the collar on the dog to proceed with this step. The person who is standing by the transmitter can adjust the settings on it to get the perfect radius. You will hear a beeping sound coming from the collar if you are close to the end of the radius. It is very important to check the radius multiple times as you want it to be foolproof.
- Setting the Shock level:
The main idea behind the collar is that it will provide a mild electric shock to your pet if it tries to get close to the end of the fence or if they try to prevent it. You will find a ‘mode’ button on the collar which helps you to change the shock level. The level is generally denoted with the help of flashes or beeps. So, if the collar beeps or flashes 2 times, then the shock level is 2. It is best to start with the lowest level of shock so that they are encouraged to learn. Read more wireless dog fence reviews to know about the shock levels present in different models.
- Put the collar on your dog:
Make sure to put the collar on your dog and it should be tight but comfortable on their neck. Do not tug or pull it as it can break the transmission or even ruin the collar. If your pet isn’t used to a collar, then it will definitely take some time for them to get used to it.
Setting up the training flags
You will need to train your dogs to actually stay away from the boundary. It will be a time-consuming process but the first step is to set up the training flag. Take the flags along with you to the probable boundary. When you hear the beep from the collar, stop at that position and start installing the flags. Do this to the whole circumference of your boundary in the same way. Each flag needs to be about 7 to 10 feet away from each other. Try different training methods to get your pet used to the new fencing system.
So, here is the complete guide which will help you to set up a wireless pet fence right at your home. Do remember to check the manual for the particular model that you have received as it can have some special instruction. We hope that your wireless fence will work well after you have installed it.
9 Myths about Dog Fence Set Straight
With the advancing technology and the need to bring about better outlook around bringing up a pet, the invisible dog fences have come into play. The best thing about these is the fact that they have been gradually gaining the popularity which it didn’t have a few decades back. You will find a plethora of wireless dog fence reviews floating around in the market but there are a lot of myths surrounding the same that not many people are aware of. In here, we are going to bust those myths and bring forth a better understanding of the importance and need of the same for not just your safety but for your pup’s safety too.
- The shock is inhuman
The very first and the most common myth that everyone struggles with is the fact that the shock is nothing short of inhuman. The Hidden fences around have a number of factors that goes into it other than the prospect of the shock. And when it comes to the intensity of the shock, the same is nothing more than a static shock which you feel when you scrub your feet on the ground and then touch someone else. Given the fact that the same doesn’t involve any kind of amperage, the myth about the shock burning the skin of the dog or causing heart damage is close to none.
- My dog will be terrified of coming outside
While this thought might often come out of concern, it is not completely true. While the initial shock might leave the dog in a bit of a recluse, it is not necessarily something that completely changes the personality of the dog. You need to put in your own efforts to help your dog know that it’s safe to play around in the yard but it doesn’t affect them so badly. All you need to do is just give that extra push and everything else is settled along effectively.
- These won’t work for my dog’s breed
It is a common misconception that the hidden electrical fences are meant for just a certain breed of dogs. That is not the case. These are universal and can be used for any and every dog that you have in your house. With proper training, every single dog can be well trained about the hidden fence. With proper training assistance, you rest assured that the same will work wonders with your dog.
- It is way too expensive
Yet another one of the common myth is the fact that the hidden fences are very expensive. Many have this common notion that the hidden fences cost more because of the technology involved in them when in reality, it is found to be around 1/8th of the price of the traditional fences. Which ones do you think would be a better option then?
- It will make my pup aggressive
Using a hidden fence is part of the whole ordeal of helping in the training process of the dog. In order to complete it successfully, it is best to stick to a good quality hidden face. Often times, the “aggressive nature” that many witnesses in their dogs are because of the lack of proper socialization and not because of the fence. It is not just about a hidden fence or a traditional fence, the reaction is all the same for both.
- Collars are confusing
As much as of a myth this is, it is not technically a bad one to consider. The main reason collars don’t confuse the pups is because of the fact that they have been wearing one since they were kids. This helps ensure that there’s nothing wrong with the same, thus further helping to carry on with your work.
- Can harm children
This is possibly one of the most laughable myths to consider, mainly because of the fact that each one of the hidden fences is underground. The collar attached to the neck of the pup is what helps in promoting better connection with each other. Not just that, because of the same, the children are also safe from touching it or so.
- They break easily
Yet another one of the common myths about this is the fact that they break very easily and are quite fragile. While you may technically think that’s the case, it technically isn’t. Given the fact that the wires are buried underground, you are assured of them not breaking apart easily. Additionally, since you will be aware of the same, it would definitely be a lot helpful for you to avoid around.
- The traditional fences are better
Technically, they aren’t. It is true that getting your dog used to the hidden fence can be a tough job to do but that doesn’t technically mean that the other option is better. Whatever the condition be, it is best suggested to ensure that you take your time for training your pup for them to get used to the fence so it is not a tough job for them to master around.
Hidden fences are gradually gaining popularity over the course of time. In order to get the best for your dog, it is always best suggested to take your time with the same, checking the wireless dog fence reviews and the effectiveness of the same. Be prepared to train your dog through the process because they won’t be able to master everything and understand every prospect of it on their own.
Pros and Cons of Wireless Dog Fence
If you own a dog, then you must know that they love to play outside. They love the time when you provide them with the freedom to bounce around the yard. But you as an owner is aware of the fact that if you aren’t present at that moment, then your dog may get into problems. So, we wanted to provide both the negative and positive sides of the wireless dog fence so that you can weigh them and decide if you want to get it or not. We think that it is an important part of reading wireless dog fence reviews as it helps you to take the right decision. Let us begin with them.
- Affordable: One of the biggest positive points about a wireless dog fence is that it is inexpensive. You can easily get it at an online or in an offline shop. To install a real physical fence, you may need to spend a lot more. It will save you a tonne of money and once you buy a wireless fence you can actually buy multiple collars if you have several pets.
- Keeps your dog Safe: The main reason for using a wireless fence is to keep your buddies safe. When your dogs are playing in the year there is always an option for them to wander off in the road. They can get into an accident or even get lost, which is an undesirable thing. So, a wireless fence system will keep them in a boundary tight and safe even when you or your family members aren’t there to supervise on them.
- Installation is Easy: Imagine, if you wanted to set-up a physical fence or even a wired one, you will need to call in a professional who can take care of the job for you. But in case of a wireless fence system, you can do the job yourself. All you need is the manual and a power source. Your installation of the fence will be done in an hour or so. This also saves you the money that you may have spent on a professional.
- Invisible: A physical fence would never have been invisible and it does take up a lot of the space of your yard. Along with that several cities and town do not even allow you to install a physical fence. But a wireless fence is invisible and the containment is done through a signal system. So, nothing gets in your way if you want to maintain the look of your yard.
- Variable Radius: Physical fences can only be installed in the periphery of your yard, but that isn’t the case with the wireless fence system. With the help of the transmitter, you can actually toggle the radius according to your need. It can even cover larger areas, sometimes up to 150 feet. This is amazing for a house that has a large yard.
- Convenient: One of the best things about wireless dog fence systems is that they are convenient. You can easily move with them if you are changing a house or even the plug point. The transmitter fits in your palm and the collar is just like any other dog collar. This would have been impossible if you install a physical fence in your yard.
- Very Effective: Your dogs can gnaw or climb up physical fences, but they wouldn’t have that option if you use the wireless fence. Whenever they get close to the boundary or try to cross it, they will be given a warning through the colour. This successfully contains them in the boundary radius that you have set. Check out the wireless dog fence reviews to know about the system used for containment.
- Dogs require training: This isn’t a big deal as most of the things that you buy for your dog will need some kind of training from your side. If you buy a wireless fence, then you will need to train your dog for about 15 days or more to teach them about the boundary radius. This may take you a while, but it ensures that your dog is aware of the system that you have set up for their benefit.
- Circular Perimeter: Till now we have talked about radius so you must have guessed that the wireless fence system has a circular radius. But in most cases, our houses and buildings sit on a square plot. So, you need to adjust the radius accordingly and every part of the yard wouldn’t be available to your dog.
- Doesn’t work great on uneven terrain: If your house sits in a terrain which tends to be bumpy or rocky, then a wireless fence system may not be the best choice for you. As it uses signals, heavy or solid objects may often block or cut them off. So, do check this before you buy the system.
- Other animals may get in: The boundary will only work for an animal that is wearing the collar. So, it wouldn’t guard a dog or a cat that wants to cross it and enter your yard. If you have an animal intrusion problem, then you may have to think about setting up physical fences rather than wasting money on a wireless system.
- May utilize electric shock as a punishment: The mechanism of the wireless dog fence system is to provide warnings for the dog so that they keep contained. The first ones are verbal in nature, but later mild electric shock may be utilized to keep them inside the boundary. This may change according to the model. Though the shock is considered harmless, it can still be a problem for those dogs who have an existing ailment and for those who easily get scared. Also, if by chance they cross the boundary, they are given a shock when they return home.
So, these are the pros and cons that we noted about a wireless dog fence system. Do keep this in mind when you are deciding on buying the system for your dogs or any of your pets. We hope that this would help you in making the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) Regarding Wireless Dog Fence
1. What is a Wireless Containment System?
From the name itself, you can very well make out that it’s a containment system that comes with no wire. All you have to do is identify the required boundary for your dog and set the transmitter on the wireless boundary. The dog collar will receive radio signals from the transmitter that is there on the containment system. Also, these wireless containment systems are usually portable.
2. Does the pet remain within the boundaries if you use a wireless fencing system?
When someone buys a wireless fencing system, they clearly need to remember that they will need to train their pets. This is mainly done by the utilization of training flags to mark the boundary for the pet. Whenever they are close to the boundary the collar will give them a warning in the form of beeps. If they go beyond it, some collar will provide them with a mild electric shock. This is a way to change their behaviour which helps them to know that it isn’t okay for them to cross the boundary. If a pet is trained well, then most wireless fencing systems will work. Other than the training one also needs to make sure that the transmitter is working properly so that it can give out the right signals.
3. Do age or the size of the dog matter when it comes to training them using a containment system?
No, there is no age limit and size doesn’t matter when it comes to training your dog with the help of a containment system. The shock that comes from the dog collar is completely harmless for your dog so, you need not worry about it much. However, it is advised that your dog should be at least 8 weeks old before, you start its training. If you want you can start to train your puppy when it is 4 months old but you need to wait till it is 6 months old to train it with stimulation or shock.
4. How long do the batteries last?
The life of the battery depends on the product that you have bought how often you use the system and also on the kind of the battery that the containment system uses. The rechargeable dog collars would last up to 2-3 weeks before you need to charge them again. In case of replaceable batteries, it may last up to 2-6 months before it demands to be changed.
5. Can the collar alarm a deaf dog?
There are different types and varieties of dog containment systems available in the market. Therefore, you will have to check the product before buying it. Some of the dog collars come with a beeping system with it so that it can alarm the dog. Other than that there are collars that also come with a vibration system that alarms the dog which is exactly what you will need to buy if, your dog is deaf. Before you buy the system check it whether it has a vibrating collar or a collar with a vibration mode because you will be requiring that.
6. Is it possible to add another receiver collar in the containment system?
Yes, it is possible to add another receiver collar in the containment system. In fact, you can add as many receiver collars you want in the system as long as it is compatible with it. After all, receiver collars can be bought separately in the market.
7. How do I get to know if there is any problem with my containment system?
All the containment systems are built to have signals and transmitter that usually have lights which will help you to understand whether the device is working properly or not. Also, you need to have at least some knowledge about your system and for that, you will have to read the manual guide that is provided with the system. The manual will give you the idea that which light means what and from there you can identify if your system is having any problem or not.
8. Can I make my dog wear the dog collar at all times?
No, it is not at all okay. Your dogs are allowed to wear the receiver collar only up to 12 hours and not a second more than that. That’s because the collar can cause severe irritation in the dog especially if your dog is a sensitive one and therefore, you being the owner needs to keep a check on your dog’s neck from time to time.
9. Is the shock harmful?
It can be unpleasant for your pet but it is completely harmless so, you can be tension free of that. Depending on the type of the collar and the containment system that you use there are different adjustment levels. So it’s your duty to adjust the level of stimulation depending on your dog’s size, breed and as well as personality. The alarm will only set off when your dog tries to cross the boundaries of the wireless fence. In case, you want to take your dog outside the boundary purposefully then, you are required to remove the collar first.
10. Do containment systems really work?
Yes, with proper installation of the system along with training and discipline, the wireless dog fence will work. If you are one of those owners that remain busy throughout the day and have a concern for your dog then, using a containment system can really work for you. This will ensure that your dog is safe and is within the set boundaries. If you find any problem regarding the system, you can always call up the customer service for help.
11. How long will it take to train my dog?
In general, it takes only up to 15 days to train a dog. However, the duration is completely dependent on your dog’s personality. But with the right kind of training and discipline, you and your dog can have really good time training and you may not even notice as the days will pass by.
12. What exactly is the receiver collar and what functions does it have?
It is basically a small square shaped object that is fixed with the collar. This tiny little machine sets off as soon as your dog tries to leave its boundaries. The receiver collar is then known to give off mild shock attacks to your dog and stops the moment the dog enters the correction zone.
13. Are there any chances that it will over correct my pet?
The possibilities of your dog getting overcorrected by it are really low. After all, the system is designed to keep the pets safe and deliberately harm them. Like for example, the collar will correct your dog as long as it is outside the boundary. But the moment it comes to the correction zone, the collar will stop.
14. Can I use this system on my cats?
Yes, you can even use the system on your cats because they are completely compatible with them as well. There are systems that are smaller in size which can be used for both cats and dogs.
15. What should be the length of the wire?
The length of the wire is dependent on the perimeter of your backyard. Generally, all of the systems that are available in the market come with 500 feet of wire. In case, the length of your perimeter exceeds 500 feet then, obviously you will be requiring a wire longer in length. Therefore, you are required to first measure the length of the area that you need to wire off. Depending on the measurement you will have to buy the wire.
16. Are there any indoor containment systems available?
Well, yes there are indoor containment systems that are available out there for your need. All you have to do is get the right one depending on your dog and how you want to train it or what you feel suits it the best.
So from the above discussion, it can be concluded that a wireless dog fence is just the perfect training device for your dog. No matter what breed of dog you have or what size it is, the wireless containment system works on all kind of dogs. The system is not only safe to use but it is any day better than a wired dog fence. If, you own a dog then make sure you have one of these at your home. After all, training your dog with the help of a wireless dog fence is has many advantages as well. In order to avail the benefits and the convenience, get one for your dog or dogs today!
Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews 2020
- Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews 2020
Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviews 2020 – The Ultimate Invisible Dog Fence Buyers Guide